Monday 28 May 2018

Fenty Primer and Lipgloss | REVIEW

Hey Folks!


So today I am really excited because I finally got my hands on some Fenty makeup (yeah I know I'm super late to the party), but my post graduating/21 years of birth celebrations led me to splurging on a few items.  I decided to get the Fenty primer because I have seen how much Jamie Genevieve, on youtube, uses it and I am all for a matte primer! Then I grabbed the lipgloss because my friend Lucy convinced me it was the best thing ever.  I don't tend to wear lipgloss, however, she assured me it was well worth it! I was really tempted by the Stunna Lip Paint, however, I have so many reds that I stopped myself, but should I get this? Let me know!

Anyway, moving onto the review...


Fenty Primer - £24  

I love the packaging on this! Yes the glass is a bit heavy, and breakable.  However, I love how sleek and expensive this looks and it makes me feel boujee! The actual product is also really fantastic! It has an interesting smell... if I'm honest it reminds me of playdough, but this very quickly disappears and your skin is left feeling silky smooth.  This isn't a silicone primer, which I am happy about.  I use about one and a half pumps for my full face, focusing on the centre areas.  A nice thing about this is that although it is definitely more pricey than I'm used to, the bottle is actually really big, and so I feel it would last me a long time, which is great! Other than feeling good on the skin, when I have worn this, I have noticed my foundation/concealer applying a lot better and lasting longer, so it does its job.  Overall, I really am enjoying this primer, and I don't see myself going back to any of my other ones any time soon! 

Fenty Gloss Bomb Lip Luminizer - £16




Moving onto the lipgloss.  As I said before, I don't wear lipgloss.  Ever since liquid lips have become a thing, that is pretty much all that I wear.  I don't even reach for many lipsticks anymore, except for MACs Twig which is my favourite day to day lipstick! However, my best friend convinced me this was worth it, so I took the plunge.  I am happy I got this, and I think if I am to reach for a lipgloss, this will be my choice.  On its own it gives a lovely look to the lip, and isn't sticky.  However, it does have a pretty strong smell and taste, which did linger, and unfortunately, it made me a feel a little bit ill.  It kind of smells like a fruity but very sugary sweet, I can't quite pin down the smell, but I'm not a huge fan. Also, another slight annoying thing, and could be something that always happens but I just don't do that often, but I wore my MAC lip liner in Soar and topped it off with the lipgloss, and the lip liner completely smudged everywhere and bled into my skin.  I actually had to take this combo off and just put the lipgloss on instead.   This was annoying, however, from now I just wear the lipgloss on its own.  Personally, for someone who likes lipgloss, I would 100% recommend this product, however, for someone who wasn't so into lipgloss I would potentially give this a miss.  

Here are my thoughts on these products, and I hope you found it helpful! If you have any questions, or anything else you would like me to try, then let me know down below! Also, what from Fenty have you tried and loved? Let me know! 

Lots of love, 

No comments: